Friday, October 24, 2008

They're Watching!

Okay... so I am on my way to work this morning and I notice that there are MORE traffic cams going up along Interstate 10! They seem to be popping up everywhere.

I mentioned to my wonderful hubby that I was not too happy that I was being forced to change my driving habits! His comment was "Well, at least they are doing to everyone and not just you." Then he mentions how it is also going to help me to get better gas mileage and save money by having to fill up less often. What a smart man I married! (I have used the term smart in reference to him before - but I seem to remember it just being the beginning of the comment! hehehe)

So... I decided that instead of driving 75 all the way to work this morning, I would try toning it down a bit. I set my cruise at 63 (Wow... did that seem slow!!), and you know what? I got to work in the same amount of time as I normally do when I am trying to drive 75!! Since it seems like you can never do a constant 75, you have to slow down to 50 and wait until you get around all the other slow people just to zoom back up to 75, then catch up to another group of slow pokes!!

This morning was much more relaxing! And since the photo radar is set to go off at 10 miles per hour over the speed limit I am working on changing now before they start taking my picture everyday! :>)

Then another thought occured to me... I get that this is really going to help to cut down on some of the traffic accidents since it will make all of us become more responsible by driving the speed limit. Speed Limit... and here I always thought that was just a suggestion!! Hehehe

I have come to the realization that there is nothing that I can do to change this situation (my therapist would be so proud of me!), so I will make the most of it. I will enjoy the fact that I will now get better gas mileage and save money. : ) That is always a good thing.

No comments: