Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rebecca Jeanne

Rebecca & Jake.
My Beautiful Daughter, Rebecca was born on July 7th @ 1:54 AM, in Seattle, Washington.

I have to admit that I would have been a bit disappointed had she not been a girl! I was so hoping for baby girl... I wanted to have a little girl so that I could have the same relationship with her that I do with my mother. My mother & I have always had a very good relationship and are still friends today.

However, I forgot to take in consideration a couple of things...
One ~ Rebecca is not me & Two ~ I am not my mother!!

We had our moments when she was little where I thought... this is exactly what I planned. We will be BFF!! Then the teenage years hit! Our family was going through a lot at that time, her dad & I were newly divorced & there was a lot of chaos in our lives. Thank goodness we got through those years of turmoil. :o)

My daughter called me one day and said the words that I thought that I would never hear... "Mom, I just wanted to let you know that I don't blame you entirely for the divorce anymore" Wow! I can't even begin to describe how that felt. She has always been her "Daddy's Little Girl", which I completely understand and support since I am too. Unfortunately that also meant that my little girl had grown up and knew things that I hoped she never would.

Ah well... I guess we all have to grow up sometime. Luckily she was planning her wedding during this time and we had so many fun things to talk about. We spent hours on the phone and even more hours on The Knot (a website for brides)... looking at dresses for her, dresses for me and all of the fun stuff that goes into planning a wedding. We had a great time. Then came her wedding day. She was such a beautiful bride! There were a few times that I was bit nervous, but not because my baby girl had grown up and was getting married. It was more to do with all of the tension between her parents and their parents! It was a bit akward, but we all made it through with flying colors. : )

Each day that goes by we grow closer, I am so blessed to have such a lovely daughter. It makes all those years of turmoil just disappear, and we know that each year will just get better.

I am so excited that she will be coming down to spend Mother's Day with me this year. I used to dread Mother's Day and now it is one of the Happiest days of the year. : )

Rebecca ~ Thank you for being the perfect daughter.

No comments: